"Racing has also gained more importance to him recently as he has attached another part of his life to it: his family’s battle with cancer.
In 2008, Seeley lost his mother to cancer. Last year, he lost his father to cancer. He has also lost an uncle to cancer. Janine lost her aunt and godmother to cancer.
“I have made cancer my enemy,” Seeley said.
In 2015, Seeley will be sponsored by Race 2 Cure, a nonprofit that raises money for victims of cancer and their families, calling it the “human side.” Seeley said 90 percent of proceeds go to families while the other 10 percent goes to the racers.
In 2011, he had skin cancer. This had him racing with about 50 stitches in his neck for the last race of that season. He placed 11th, yet he won most determined driver."